Monday, June 11, 2012

Winners, Updates, and a Bleeding Glitter




You see that up there? THREE winners! Abby, Hailey, Jessica - I will be in touch with all of you shortly!
And thanks to everyone who participated!

On to updates!

Round 1 Status - All paid invoices shipped. If you are domestic and have not received your order, please contact me. If you are international and have not received your order by 6/21, please contact me then. 
Round 2 Status - All invoices paid as of 6/10 in Round 2 have shipped as of 6/11. 
Round 3 Status - Shipping has begun! Now, let me elaborate a bit here: while it would be awesome to be able to get everything out the door in a day it isn't realistic. A lot of you know how much time and care we put into packing everything up, and between that and continuing to produce the polishes you all love, well, it takes a little time. The orders have gotten smaller in comparison to the first round, so I am expecting we'll be done shipping Round 3 by the end of the week, maybe with some internationals going out over the weekend.
Round 4 Status - Invoicing has begun! Shipping will start as soon as Round 3 is out the door.
Round 5 Status - Invoicing for Round 5 will begin as soon as invoicing for Round 4 is over. I know this was originally scheduled to begin a week from today (6/18) so if you know you will need additional time to pay please contact me and I'm sure we will be able to work something out. 


The Tale of a Bleeding Glitter

Let's talk about the kinds of glitters that go into nail polish. If you're a fan of indie polish, you've seen the term "solvent resistant" thrown around quite a lot, I imagine. What this means is that the material is resistant to the wear and tear of solvents, like the ethyl acetate and butyl acetate in nail polish. It's very much a necessary quality of any glitter we use, but it is difficult to determine just how resistant a glitter will be without testing.

Can you tell which of these glitters is solvent resistant?

How about now? This is about 5 minutes after mixing.

And now? This is about an hour after mixing. What we see on the left is called a "bleeding" glitter - it is not colorfast and as such has lost its color to the solvents in the polish. Definitely something to remember before you even consider dunking that craft store glitter in some precious polish. There's a very good chance it will warp and bleed, among other things.

Unfortunately, one of our suppliers made the mistake of sending us this glitter on the left and having used what I thought to be the same glitter for months now we used it in several batches of Koi Pond and The God of Destiny. It's heart breaking for sure! But mistakes happen and I have already resolved the issue with my supplier and with my affected polish lovers - they will be getting replacements as soon as the correct glitter arrives! 

For those of you not familiar, Koi Pond and The God of Destiny are pretty awesome layering polishes - that's why the clear base is essential!

 The God of Destiny from the Chrono Cross Collection

 Koi Pond from the Sakura Matsuri Collection


As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to email me or message me on Facebook! And just as a side note - I do read all of your comments here, and I thank you for all the congratulations and kindness in celebrating my 2k milestone :)

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the winners! And thank you for such an awesome giveaway xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that about glitter! Thanks for the info! I'm gonna save up to buy from you for sure =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you EVER be offering pre-orders again for Koi Pond?!? I missed it on the last pre-order when I ordered equestria collex.. and now I'm kicking myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo gutted I didn't win! Congrats to those who did :)
    such a good tip about the glitter :)
    JJxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, man. Now I want Koi Pond, too! SUCH a fitting name. <3

    And congratulations to the winners!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. play bazaar satta king

    play bazaar satta king Try an over-the-counter device. Snoring is caused by your airways being blocked with minor airflow, and apnea is when the airways are completely closed.

    ReplyDelete



  7. Construct a web protection arrangement and post it on your site. With the gigantic measures of spam and tricks all around the web, it is critical to do whatever assists work with trusting with a potential client. Posting a protection arrangement tells your guests that you pay attention to their security and fabricates the recognition that you are a decent organization to depend on for future buys or administrations. Play Bazaar Satta King

    ReplyDelete